Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It is so nice, I'm going to cry....


(Sorry for the quality of the pictures, I'll try to take better ones later)

I just received Kristin's package today and what she made is so beautiful that I want to cry right now...

She designed and knitted the most beautiful lace shawl -- the color is a variegated purple, exactly a color I would have picked for myself. I'm just in awe of her skills and talent! She included the yarn used and a skein of coordinated Rowan Kidsilk spray (I love the Rowan kidsilk collection!), as well as stitch markers and a beautiful shawl pin.

This is the *best* gift I have ever received (DH is next to me and nodding in approval) and I am just overwhelmed by Kristin's attention. I can't imagine the time and effort that went into all of this. Kristin, you are a wonderful artist and person :)

A very grateful and happy Minh

PS: I promise to become a better knitter and to learn to knit lace so that I can try Kristin's patterns with the yarn she sent.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sweazey said...

Stunning! That is a beauty, thank you for showing pictures!! What a lucky elf you are!

24/11/05 11:15 AM  
Blogger SerMom said...

Minh, that's truly gorgeous. Any chance you can get Kristin to send us a photo of the gift you sent her?

24/11/05 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home